sábado, 24 de octubre de 2009

...no castle to speak

I am an affected mind... I have no castle to speak of and I cannot shun the ambiance.

Subtle noises
...jar and shake
me out of my rhythmic thought.

Disturbances ... pervade my inner self.
They cause my head to crumple and writhe.

I am caught in the throes of multitude.

I cannot vanish
as I so would adore.
There is no room left
for a common maniac like myself to find
a simple, little corner of solitude.

...(But I suppose a corner isn’t enough)

I want entire planets of serenity.

I vibrate madly at the mere thought
of any encroachment.
Machines hum.
People grunt and speak
in discordant vain.
It creeps into me.
It is distractions like these
that I can no longer stand to bear.

I must be severely affected.

Reconciliation
is no longer an option.

All I want
is some goddamn peace and quiet